Stepping outside your comfort zone to do a boudoir shoot can be intimidating. Many clients tell me they have never liked having their picture taken, so they can't imagine actually enjoying this experience. Yet, they end up having an absolute blast in the process. Here are a few tips to help you feel confident and comfortable in front of the camera.
1. Choose a photographer that you feel comfortable with and trust. It’s important to find a photographer who understands your vision and can make you feel relaxed and at ease during the photoshoot.
2. Read through all of the prep material your photographer provides. This will help you relax and feel more at ease knowing you did everything you were supposed to do to prep for your time in front of the camera.
3. Communicate with your photographer before the photoshoot to discuss your concerns, insecurities, and any questions you may have. This will help you feel more prepared and confident going into the shoot.
4. Choosing outfits that fit your personal style and you feel amazing in. Choose outfits that flatter your body style and colors that look best on you.
5. Practice a positive mindset and positive self-talk. Remind yourself of your unique beauty and your reason why behind a boudoir experience. This can help boost your confidence and help you feel more comfortable in front of the camera.
6. Don’t hold yourself back from letting your personality shine through and have fun during the photoshoot. Boudoir photography is not just about looking sexy, it’s also about capturing your individuality and unique beauty. So don’t be afraid to be yourself and let your personality shine through in the photos.
What sets our boudoir photography experience apart?
One common thread I get told from my clients is my ability to make my clients feel comfortable and at ease during their photoshoot. Boudoir photography can be intimidating for some women, so it’s important to me to create a relaxed and judgement-free environment where they can feel comfortable and confident. I also have a unique style and approach to boudoir photography that is both artistic and empowering. I like to capture women in a way that is both beautiful and strong, and that celebrates their individuality and unique beauty.
If you are interested in learning more about a boudoir session for yourself, I would love to set-up a time to chat.
Brittany is the camera, heart, and soul behind Haute View Boudoir in Chattanooga, TN. Her mission is to empower women to feel confident and beautiful in their own skin.